Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse and neglect of the elderly is devastating both physically and emotional to the victim and their family. No person deserves to suffer at the hands of another, especially at the hands of their caregiver. If you or a loved one have been the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect and have questions about your rights, you need the experience of a qualified Inland Empire attorney.
Our Inland Empire Law Offices specialize in abuse and neglect cases taking place in nursing homes under qualified and unqualified caregivers. Whether you or your family member as suffered from physical, verbal, or emotional abuse and neglect, we have the expertise to represent you and your family.
Nursing home abuse and neglect can manifest itself in many forms and all violate the rights of the individual being cared for. Some of the signs of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse
- Assault and battery
- Sexual assault and battery
- Unreasonable physical restraint
- Prolonged or continual deprivation of food or water
- Use of a physical or chemical restraint or psychotropic drug for any purpose not consistent with that authorized by a physician
- Giving too much or not enough medication
- Unexplained injuries
- Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
- Slapping, pushing, shaking, beating
- Forcing a resident to stay in a confined area
Verbal and Emotional Abuse involves creating a situation that is harmful to the residentʼs self-esteem. Some signs of this abuse is taking place are when the elderly resident:
- Is emotionally upset or agitated
- Is extremely withdrawn and non-communicative
- Displays unusual behaviors (sucking, biting, rocking)
- Displays humiliating, insulting, frightening, threatening, or ignoring behavior towards family and friends
- Wants to be isolated from other people
Nursing home neglect includes:
- Physical neglect: disregard for the necessities of daily living
- Medical neglect: lack of care for existing medical problems
- Failure to prevent dehydration, malnutrition, and bed sores
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene, or in the provision of food, clothing, or shelter
- Unsanitary and unclean conditions
- Failure to protect from health and safety hazards
- Poor access to medical services
Your elderly family member deserves the same respect and dignity afforded to all people. If you have witnessed or suspect signs of elderly abuse and neglect in a nursing home environment, you need an Inland Empire nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer to explain your rights.
Our Riverside elder abuse attorney has 14 years of experience and will provide you with passionate, quality legal representation. Let us put our expertise and dedication to work for you and your family. Our Riverside abuse and neglect attorney we can work to get your family monetary compensation to pay for medical bills, treatment, pain and suffering.
Contact our law firm now, there is no charge for your consultation and we will listen to your case. We will keep you informed of significant developments and provide legal services promptly and professionally. You and your loved ones deserve to have your rights protected by a professional. Hanson & Mouri Personal Injury Attorneys can work to make your family whole again.
Our law office serves Riverside, Corona, Norco, Temecula, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Banning, Beaumont, Moreno Valley, & Calimesa.